St Patricks Day is right around the corner.
Are you ready?
Impress your guests (or perhaps get a little lucky) with any of these super cute DIY St Patricks Day drinks that you can make in mere minutes.
Don't get caught without something green in your hand on this holiest of drinking days.
All of the St Patricks Day drinks on this list are just a couple ingredients and for just a few bucks you can make a splash at any St Patricks Day event you play host to.
1) Candy Infused Vodka Shots
If you're hosting any sort of St Patricks Day get-together and you don't have these at them, you are doing it all wrong. They are super simple, they look amazing…I mean really, just look at them…and you can even make alcohol-free versions of each beverage for younger audiences (just don't mix them up!). You can read the full tutorial here.
Need shot glasses for your own DIY project? You can get them here for $9.95.
2) Irish Appletinis
A classic drink with a simple twist. The Sour Apple Pucker really is that green so you don't have to worry about your drink not turning out the way you want it to look. How 'bout them apples? Check them out here.
Grab a 4-pack of martini cocktail glasses off Amazon for $22.99.
3) Irish Flag Shooter
A picture is worth a thousand words. This one shows why. Wow guests with these cute Irish flag shooters. One of the coolest St Patricks Day drinks around.
- 1 oz brandy
- 1 oz Creme de Menthe
- 1 oz Bailey's Irish Creme
And one really steady hand to pour. Good luck!
4) Irish Flag Shooter Part Deux
Similar drink. Different ingredients. I guess you'll just have to take a couple shots to figure out which one you like more. 😎
5) Sparkling Leprechaun Kiss
If you like sweet and sour then this is the drink for you. Add a drop of a green food coloring and coat the rim with green sugar and you've got yourself a tasty little treat.
6) Lime Sherbet Floats
Green eggs ‘n ham for the kids to the start the day – lime sherbet floats to end it. St Patricks Day will quickly become your little ones favorite holiday and it you had to put forth hardly any effort (or money) to do it.
Mission accomplished. Get the recipe for these cute floats here.
7) Luck of the Irish Shots (with Andes Mint Garnish)
As much a snack as it is a drink, nothing screams professional bar-tending experience like one of these amazing St Patricks Day drinks.
A dash of cool whip topped with an Andes Mint and suddenly you look like you actually know what you're doing. It's something I try to pull off everyday but never quite do. Until now.
8) Lucky Leprechaun Cocktail
There are a lot of green looking cocktails that tend to float around on St Patricks day, some of which are on this list.
Unfortunately it doesn't mean they actually taste good. But this one? This one does.
- 1 oz Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1 oz Mailbu Rum
- 6 oz Pineapple Juice
- Mint sprigs for garnish
9) Mint Chip Cookietini
Another drink that looks more like a snack than it does a drink…and you won't see me complaining about it one bit. Check out the tutorial here.
Shop Amazon: Lenox Tuscany Classics Martini, Set of 4 – $33.28
10) Bailey's Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Or nix the Bailey's entirely if you've got kids around.
Guilty of trying this one allllllll year long but it will also pass as one of the most perfect St Patricks Day drinks you can think of. One of the best tasting ones on this list for sure.
Discover Even More DIY St Patricks Day Drinks (keep scrolling)…
11) The Fuzzy Leprechaun
I think you can figure out where the name hails from. A few of these in your system and I'm sure you'll be feeling warm and fuzzy all over.
12) St Patrick's Day Mojito Sherbet Punch Recipe
There's celebrating your favorite holiday. Then there is blowing your favorite holiday out of the water. Get a green table runner, sport your inner Irish and lay a few of these out on the table. Your guests may not want to leave.
13) The Shamrock Shake
You can make an ordinary shake. Or you can actually make something extraordinary. It's all in how you dress it.
Get a few ooh's and aah's at your party by spending a little extra time making your treats look amazing.
14) Shamrock Lime Cocktail
Cool, crisp, classy. If you live on the warmer side of things this is the perfect drink for you, your friends, and your outside bar. Add a level of sophistication to your beverage with a St Paddy's themed cocktail straw.
15) Ombre St. Patrick's Day Jello Shots
These are not for the weak. I saved these for last because you are strong. That's why your still here. So if you're looking for something a little harder on St Patricks Day – you've found it. Don't underestimate these innocent looking jello shots. Vodka can pack a mean kick. But if you're down for a little adult fun, and you've got a little extra prep time, these are sure to be a hit.
Other DIY Projects You Can Try
1. Start a Blog with HostGator: This can be just a simple side hustle, or it can turn into something really special; it’s up to you. I’m a huge fan of blogging because I love writing and connecting with people all over the world. If you want to get started, read my post From 0-$100k: How Anyone Can Start Blogging. If you need some inspiration, just check out our last income report on BTOP where we made over $7,100 last month from blogging. Seriously, don’t discount the incredible opportunities that blogging can provide!
2. Do Online Surveys: Companies are willing to pay money to get inside the heads of consumers. Below are my favorite survey sites. They’re free to join and free to use. Pro tip: It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money. Swagbucks ($5 Free Signup Bonus), Survey Junkie (QUICKEST to start earning), MyPoints ($5 Free Signup Bonus), Earning Station, Survey Club, VIP Voice, American Consumer Opinion, QuickRewards, PanelPlace, Point Club, One Opinion, Harris Poll
3. Drive for Uber: This is a really good use of your time if you are trying to make some extra cash in a weekend. Here’s a signup link you can use to get started today.
4. Earn More Interest on Your Savings: Move your savings over to a bank account that actually pays you a decent interest rate on your savings. Discover pays nearly 1%, which is 11 times higher than the national average. Take 10 minutes out of your day and do this- over time, it really does make a difference.
5. Sell Your Stuff: Most of us are guilty of hanging onto things that we never use, myself included. Take a day and go through all your old stuff and get rid of some of it! One tool that is really helpful for this is Decluttr.
6. Invest Your Savings: Despite the risks involved, you should probably be investing as a way to make extra money. For the DIY investor, I recommend TradeKing. Motif Investing ($150 sign up bonus) offers pre-made “themes”, such as cancer research, which is neat. Stash is an app that's great for a new investors, as it makes everything extremely simple.
7. Bet on Your Own Weight Loss: What better way to lose weight than to avoid losing a bet? Sites like HealthyWage.com allow you to place a wager and make extra money when you successfully lose weight.
8. Download the Shoptracker App: They’ll instantly send you a free $3 Visa gift card, plus another $3 for every month you keep the app installed.
9. Use Swagbucks for Online Search: Swagbucks is a great way to passively earn cash and Amazon gift cards with very little work. They have a search tool, which is just like using Google to do your online searches, except you get rewarded “SBs” for the things you do through their website. Redeem SBs for rewards. And by signing up through our link, they give you a free $5. Boom.
10. Peer to Peer Lending: Using money you already have to make more money is usually a pretty smart move. Using a service like Lending Club is a great way to act as a lender and earn interest on your money.
- How We Made $7,158 in 1 Month from a Blog
- 3 Stellar Business Ideas Under $200
- 100+ Genius Ways to Make Extra Money
- How to Make an Extra $1,000 This Month
- From 0-$100k: How Anyone Can Start Blogging
FREE Download: 5 Money Tools You Can't Live Without
This list just made life a whole lot easier.
His areas of expertise include CMS Support, Social Media Branding, Marketing and Advertising. In addition, Ben takes an active role in investment research and portfolio management.
He currently holds a BS from Virginia Tech and a BSN from Western Governor's University.
Latest posts by Ben Huber (see all)
- 8 Tips for Living on One Income When Money is Tight - July 15, 2017
- How to Make Money Online:35+ Legitimate Ways to Earn Money - June 3, 2017
- An Overlooked Option for Starting a Business Debt-Free - May 15, 2017