6) Making Money on the Internet: Test Websites
Each site varies, but there are number of companies out there that will pay you to test websites. Companies want to know how easy their websites are to use and the information you give them about the process is extremely valuable. To the tune of $8-12 per test (generally between 10-30 minutes) depending on the site. Best part of it is, you are working from home and you are making your own schedule. Its tough to beat that.
- Whatusersdo – Pay is $8 (or more) per test. Tests take around 15-20 minutes (you need a Mac or PC + mic).
- Enroll – Get paid to test websites before they are published. Earn cash rewards.
- UserFeel – This company pays around $10 per test.
- Analysia – Tests take around 15 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- TryMyUI – Tests takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
If you're going to shop online, why not get money for doing it? Well technically you're not getting money, but you're getting money back (cashback) on purchases you would have made anyways. Cool thing is, this is on top of any discounts/coupon codes you already have.
There is no reason not to do this. This is probably the single easiest way to make money at home. You need an email address to sign up. That's it. Even if its $100-$200/year, why are you throwing money away for no reason?
That's stupid. Don't be stupid.
Have thousands in a savings account earning you .000257% interest?
You are lazy.
And I am calling you on it.
Part of being fiscally responsible is showing that you care about your money. Even if you do not know enough about investing (its easier than you think), there is absolutely no reason that you cant take 20 minutes out of your day and move your savings to an account that at least gets you 1-2% each year. On $10,000 in savings, that is $100-200 each year, for free. Make your money work for you.
Discover offers one such high-yield savings account. It typically averages around 1% APR which is likely far better than what you're earning now.
Open a new account here: Discover High-Yield Savings Accounts
1-2% APR is just the beginning though. Depending on your age, you should be netting around 7% year with a balanced portfolio. Have $50,000 in savings? That is $3,500 dollars PER YEAR that you are throwing in the trash if you're not investing. Sound like its way too good to be true? It's not. Its exactly what we teach you to do here at VTX Capital and you can get started in mere minutes.
If you're looking for ways to make money at home and you're not doing either of the two things above, you're missing out on thousands of dollars per year that could be in your pockets.
9) Help Google and make money at home
Want $110/year for changing literally nothing about your life?
Insert Google’s Screenwise app here.
Well, technically not here, but on your computer at home. It works essentially the same way as the phone apps do above. If you don’t care to let Google know what you do on a daily basis, you can get free money. They use the information they gather to help them market/increase the functionality of their advertising programs when targeting users that are similar to you.
10) Put your digits to use
Not your phone number. Your fingers. You can earn up to $24/hr simply by transcribing audio to text. Speechpad pays speedy typists to make written versions of audio and/or video clips. At up to $.40/minute, you can seriously rack up some dough for those insanely fast typing skills you never thought would come in handy.
And that's it. Point is, with some hustle and dedication, you can easily start to make money at home. Some of you can easily add an additional $1,000 in income to your take home pay each month. And this isn't a comprehensive list by any means.
Other Resources to Help You Make Money at Home:
- 5 Steps to Make $200/day Online
- 33 Online Jobs to Earn Money Working from Home
- How I Grew from $0 to $50k+ Per Month with My Blog
- 100 Easy Ways to Make Money
- 154 Resources to Make Money on the Side
- 25+ Best Survey Sites to Earn Money Online
- 19 Online Transcription Jobs for Beginners
- Make $500/month with Online Surveys
Know of more ways to make money at home? Drop us a comment below.
His areas of expertise include CMS Support, Social Media Branding, Marketing and Advertising. In addition, Ben takes an active role in investment research and portfolio management.
He currently holds a BS from Virginia Tech and a BSN from Western Governor's University.
Latest posts by Ben Huber (see all)
- The Ultimate List of Financial Goals (15+ Brilliant Examples Anyone Can Achieve) - August 24, 2017
- 8 Tips for Living on One Income When Money is Tight - July 15, 2017
- How to Make Money Online:35+ Legitimate Ways to Earn Money - June 3, 2017